Infection and Outbreak Blogs
ESC Brands News
Outbreak News Today
- Ohio: Knox County girl contracts La Crosse virus, a mosquito-borne infection August 21, 2019By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews Health officials in Knox County, Ohio are reporting a seven-year-old Mount Vernon child has been diagnosed with La Crosse virus, a rare and dangerous illness that is transmitted through the bite from an infected mosquito. It is not known where the Mount Vernon child acquired the virus; the family recently spent time camping […]
- Plague risk prompts cancellation of overnight camping for Phish Labor Day concerts in Colorado August 21, 2019By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews The jam band, Phish, announced yesterday that due to an ongoing issue with plague in prairie dog colonies reported at the the Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge this summer, they will be cancelling overnight camping for the Labor Day concerts and restrict all parking to asphalt lots, out of a abundance of […]
- Nashville reports 7 additional hepatitis A cases as outbreak total rises to 226 August 21, 2019By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews Officials with the Metro Public Health Department (MPHD) in Nashville, TN report the hepatitis A outbreak increased by seven cases in the past month, bringing the total to 226 confirmed cases since December 2017. Work continues to reach three at-risk groups at greatest risk of exposure to hepatitis A, which includes people who […]
- Zika Vaccine: FDA grants Fast Track designation for Moderna’s mRNA-1893 August 21, 2019Moderna, Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company pioneering messenger RNA (mRNA) therapeutics and vaccines to create a new generation of transformative medicines for patients, today announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has granted Fast Track designation for its investigational Zika vaccine (mRNA-1893) currently being evaluated in a Phase 1 study for the […]
CDC Disease Outbreak Blog
- Comment on Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse by Morgan August 11, 2019Great information about emergency preparedness, its safe to say this article is bringing a lot of people including myself to there senses.
- Comment on Preparing for College Life: A Healthy Guide by Randa August 1, 2019Nice
- Comment on Preparedness 101: Zombie Apocalypse by Calum July 20, 2019I love that the cdc has a plan. I have thought about what I would do if there ever was such a pandemic. It is interesting to think about and good to know other people think about it too.
- Comment on Pet Project: 5 Ways to Prep Your Pet for Emergencies by Marcos July 12, 2019Excellent post!
FDA Law Blog
- “Wine-ing” about FDA Involvement in Regulating Alcohol Labels August 21, 2019By Anne K. Walsh —
- First Warning Letter for Failure to Develop Foreign Supplier Verification Program August 20, 2019By Riëtte van Laack —
- HP&M is Pleased to Welcome Suchira Ghosh to the Firm August 20, 2019
- Note to Pharma: Stop With the Dancing! (And Get Off My Lawn) August 19, 2019By Dara Katcher Levy —
Join our newsletter
Sign up to receive timely, useful information in your inbox.